Who’s law are we talking about?
God’s laws are to be obeyed for the simple reason they have the ability to keep society and people safe and secure under the umbrella of Gods Grace and Mercy.
Which laws does Yeshua speak about when he is talking to the people, he say he has not come to change not one jot or title of the Law of God and that we who are called to be followers and have had our eyes opened understand that to keep Gods Commandments is seeing that this leads to PEACE AND HARMONY with our neighbours and families. When you look at the Commandments in clear detail you can see that this is a perfect plan to be able be free from fear.
!. I am Adonai your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt where you lived as slaves.
2. You are to have no other gods before me. Love the Lord you God with all your heart, mind, and resources and everything within you.
How many can honestly say that they do this!
3. You are not to make for yourselves a carved image or any kind of representation of anything in the heaven above, on the earth beneath or in the water below the shoreline – you are not to bow down to them or serve them, for I Adonai your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sins of the parents, also the third and fourth generation of these who hate me but displaying grace to the thousandth generation of those who love me and obey my mitzvoth (commandment – general principle for living) 3. You are not to misuse the name of Adonai you God because Adonai will not leave unpunished someone who misuses his name.
4. Observe the day of Shabbat, to set it apart as holy as Adonai you God ordered you to do so. You have six days to labour and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Shabbat for Adonai your God, on it you are not to do any kind of work – not you, your son, you daughter, nor your male or female slave, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your other livestock, and not the foreigner staying with you inside the gates of your property – so that your male and female servants can rest as you do. You are to remember that you were a slave to the land of Egypt, and Adonai your God brought you out from there with a strong hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore Adonai you God has ordered you t keep the of Shabbat – (bearing in mind that Shabbat was established even before the laws were given to Moses – when God created the heavens and earth and everything it he then rested on the seventh day – and kept it for perpetuity – as a permanent record just as he has given us the rainbow to remind us and him that he will not flood the planet again.)
5. Honour your father and mother, as Adonai your God ordered you to do. So that you will live long and have things go well with you in the land Adonai your God is giving you.
6. Do not murder
7. Do not commit adultery
8. Do not steal
9. Do not give false evidence against your neighbour
With respect to the commandment about making carved images just look around you everywhere you turn on church buildings are graven images of all kinds. In the churches are carved images. Not just on the churches but the statutes dedicated to fallen heros, and statesmen. It is such a sad indication of the so called modern world it has dreamed up all these or so the think as being pleasing – yet it is an affront to God Himself. On TV, Films etc. there is Idol worship – of the people who are acting roles in different plays all the time. Yet these people are lifted up and worshiped – hero worship is a form of idolatry.
You only have to look at the divorce courts and criminal courts to see just what living without God’s laws bring in to being. When Yeshua was questioned with respect to the commandments he made it very clear that they were to be obeyed, it is these very commandments that He will be bringing with Him and not just these but also the feast days will be reinstated according to Gods Holy Calendar not the so called secular one, where there has been additions and subtractions too – the Word of God warns us of the adding and taking away of the words of the Word of God – Scriptures. So when you consider that you are thinking that we do not need to live by Gods laws because you are under so called grace I suggest that we should take another hard look at exactly is in the Commandments. If we continue to disregard and ignore God and His ways it is only going to be death to everyone and destruction – because that is what God promised he would do too. For me, the discovery of Gods teachings and learning to be open hearted and minded to receive understanding on how to live Gods way is a challenge in this day and age where people are being taught that it is alright to do exactly what you like because the punishment is not severe because people have watered down the law to such a degree that it is not seen as a deterrent any more.
People laugh at the fact they have got Asbos/gbh criminal records – they think it is a joke to be seen as bad. It is such a shame that people fall into the trap of believing that being badly behaved and rude and obnoxious is acceptable behaviour. It is tragic to see fellow human beings mistreating each other – when God had given us clear guidelines on how to behave. So when I hear people saying that we are no longer under the law – it makes me consider then whose law are we under – if we are not under Gods law then we then surely are under the law of satan who is chaos and disruptive, aggressing against our neighbours. Wars and violence is all he knows so please question whose law are you under.
Without Gods law we are in rebellion which is in Gods eyes as witchcraft which is an abomination to Him. When will people realise that when we say we are no longer under Gods laws but only under his grace – it does not make sense because you only have to look at these words to see exactly what God means
3. You are not to make for yourselves a carved image or any kind of representation of anything in the heaven above, on the earth beneath or in the water below the shoreline – you are not to bow down to them or serve them, for I Adonai your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sins of the parents, also the third and fourth generation of these who hate me but displaying grace to the thousandth generation of those who love me and obey my mitzvoth (commandment – general principle for living)
. You are not to misuse the name of Adonai you God because Adonai will not leave unpunished someone who misuses his name.
I recently watched Jeremy Kyle show and was saddened and truly appalled at the behaviour of the people on stage – it made me ashamed to be human being as it was horrific the way they tore into each other – almost spitting feathers at each other, really venomous behaviour. This is when people have no morals standing nor laws to live by. When people live according to their own laws there is no laws just destructive behaviour. So when I think of what God has given to us as a moral code to treat each other as we would want to be treated then we need to see that there is a code/law to live by. It makes a lot more sense to me than to say that we are no longer under Gods laws – first and foremost you need to know which laws you are saying you not under. Gods laws are for our benefit including the dietary laws as they prevent us from becoming sick from the poisons in the sea food which is filled with toxins, also helping us to stay healthy by eating food that is balanced and low in fat. Taking a good look at the Word of God and His teachings makes a lot more sense to me. I have learned a lot over the years to take Gods Word very seriously indeed and not just pass it off as a just a good book – for being a good book one must read it and enjoy it not leave it gathering dust on the shelves.